PhysE Ltd (Physical Environment) provides metocean (meteorological and oceanographic) services to clients with interests in harbour, coastal and offshore environments throughout the world. PhysE’s experienced oceanographers specialise in:
- analysis and interpretation of measured, hindcast and remotely-sensed marine environmental data;
- application of specialist statistical methods, as described in International Standard BS EN ISO 19901-1;
- application of computer models from the DHI MIKE21 Suite;
- oceanographic project and contractor management services.
Independent expertise offered by PhysE is appropriate to:
- the design of:
- offshore platforms, including mobile rigs, fixed platforms and floating facilities
- offshore wind farms
- offshore and coastal mooring facilities for loading and offloading of product
- subsea infrastructure
- ports and harbours
- outfalls (coastal circulation studies);
- weather sensitivity studies for the operation of coastal and offshore facilities including the estimation of downtime and weather windows for tow-out and installation;
- the provision of management services to support tenders, contractor supervision, quality control and management of metocean data.
PhysE works closely with Icon Software. Through Icon Software, PhysE links to offshore data collection and the distribution of real time data for offshore aviation.