PhysE Ltd (Physical Environment) provides metocean (meteorological and oceanographic) services to clients with interests in harbour, coastal and offshore environments throughout the world. PhysE’s experienced oceanographers specialise in:
- analysis and interpretation of measured, hindcast and remotely-sensed marine environmental data;
- application of specialist statistical methods, as described in International Standard BS EN ISO 19901-1;
- application of computer models from the DHI MIKE21 Suite;
- oceanographic project and contractor management services.
Independent expertise offered by PhysE is appropriate to:
- the design of:
- ports and harbours
- outfalls (coastal circulation studies)
- offshore and coastal mooring facilities for loading and offloading of product
- offshore wind farms
- offshore platforms, including mobile rigs, fixed platforms and floating facilities
- subsea infrastructure;
- weather sensitivity studies for the operation of coastal and offshore facilities including the estimation of downtime and weather windows for tow-out and installation;
- the provision of management services to support tenders, contractor supervision, quality control and management of metocean data.